Freitag, 14. September 2018

Anker: GK NF 14 city wall by Falk Gundel


I'll try to combine two modelling hobbies of mine by using an Ankerstein building as a backdrop for a miniatures tabletop game. 

When I made plans for projects with GK-NF 16, and a kind of "last hurrah" round of GK-NF 14 projects, I saw the Falk Gundel "city fortification" model from this CVA archive entry I immediately thought this might be a great backdrop for a tabletop miniatures game. 

It was great fun to build, and looks fantastic. 

As always, you can click on the pictures to enlarge them.

Vire from inside town. On the right you can see I used some stones from 16A to show a bit of city wall.

This was the most fun part to build - nice timber framing over the large city gate, and a small stairs leading up from the building on the right to the walkway over the small gate.

The whole ensemble with a renaissance facade building on the right, a small tower and the city gates in the middle and a large tower in the background. 

View from the outside

The covered walkway above the city gates
I built this fortification in a corner of my gaming table, as a backdrop for my next game of Piquet.

Empty gaming table awaiting the deployment of troops. Actually, one Prussian bataillon of the Wunsch Frei regiment and its Jäger company are already deployed in the woods in the bottom right corner.

By the way, combining Anker and flats is not a new idea, of course. See for example this old magazine with a picture on page 2. Nice.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen