Montag, 27. November 2017

Slow Mo Piquet: first errors and corrections


I have barely started, but browsing through the rules again already discovered many mistakes I made because I misremembered or forgot details.

At this early stage most errors can still be corrected without impact on the game, so I've fixed them and marked the corresponding changes in my earlier house rules and preparations posts.

  1. I forgot to draw the minimum of three cards for the army characterisation, only drawing two each per the army size and card disor of the involved armies. Drawing and adding a third one was easy.
  2. I started my unit stats calculations with a BDV of 8, but realized that this is the above average value for eager units, and so reworked the defaults to start with a BD of 6.
  3. I added a house rule to reflect the small brigade sizes and scale down commander roles and impetus usage
  4. I added a first idea how to mark out of command units to my game material notes on avoiding the need for unit state markers on the tabletop by using the base arrangements to show unit status: putting the flags into the second rank.
  5. I mishandled the sequence deck adjustments for the abysmal Reichsarmee commander: I only added two Dress Lines cards, when I should have added "Command Indecision" cards and used the two "Dress Lines" to replace to randomly removed cards for each turn. As I haven't used many sequence cards yet, that can still be corrected by adding and removing cards from the remaining unused cards.
Not that the game is too complicated, but as always, many finer points only become clear once you've started using an initial, faulty understanding and doublechecking it against the rules again.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen