Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018

Anker plans


Inspired by a great Youtube channel for a more current brick building system (no names named :) I've started to make plans to pick up my Anker stones again.

Currently I have the GK NF boxes up to 12A, i.e. box 14. You can see the stones here and some buildings here.

So now the question is where to go next.

The easy thing would be to build more with 14. I already started experimenting with New-Series buildings (finding that I can improvise up to GK-NS 12 with the NF 14 stones).

I would also like to revisit the alternative / non-Richter plans for GK-NF 14, e.g. the ones here or here. The Delling church from the BiK (first link) looks really promising, some other models in that booklet look nice, too. From the other link, the Hotel could be interesting (simple but big), there is also a nice church and a row of old houses forming one whole (with a nod to the Lego modular buildings that retriggered my Anker itches...).

Looking through these plans, I also came across a GK-NF 8 tower which looks really funky and unusual. That might make a nice diversion.

P.S. the GK-NF 14 town wall from CVA could also be a great backdrop to my next tabletop game...

I could also revisit buildings from box 10 and 12 and extend them, e.g. adding floors, width or detail. That's another idea I had when looking at the Lego Modular Buildings - they cry out to be customized with simple additions, that should also be possible for Anker buildings. One inspiration is this nice addition to the "Holy Grail" of Anker aficionados, the Große Burg.

The next obvious choice is to get box 14A and build the new models offered by that (and then to continue with 16A, 18A and enter the gothic era...). This will also open up the CVA buildings for 16.

I'll also think about a way to showcase Anker stones in our local Kindergarten. Not sure which box to start with, though - der Kleine Gernegroß uses half sized stones which are too easy to swallow, so maybe the Starter Set is a candidate (also listed in other sources in case of availability issues). This has no small stones (each stone has at least two edges of at least one base length).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen