Dienstag, 19. April 2016

SoM NNL Replay: HIL@KC game 2 - a pitchers' duel

Note to the reader: I am pleasantly surprized to see rather many accesses to these Stratomatic replays, more than I usually get on these pages. I do hope you are enjoying the replay, and encourage you to leave a quick comment to say hallo. 

Having finished the first five game days, this replay might go on a kind of hiatus for some time as I switch my attention to some other gaming pursuits, but I'm sure I'll pick it up again some time later this year and will continue to post game reports here. 

So here's the game report for another 4th of July game, game two of a three game series in Kansas City.
To begin the festivities, neither team can grab a decisive advantage as teams trade some isolated runs and errors. 
With two outs in the bottom of the fifth, Wilson hits a liner into the gap between center and right. Pete Hill throws a one hopper to Mackey, just in time, but Mackey misses with the tag on Oms who is trying to score from first and he slides in safely to take a 2-1 lead for the Monarchs.
In the sixth, the Monarchs tack on another run on a sac fly from Malarcher to score Torriente. 
The Daisies try to start a two out mini rally in the seventh, with Blackwell reaching on a single. But Powell with a quick pitch and Santop with a perfect throw to Moore catch Blackwell stealing to end the inning.
Both pitchers start giving up some walks around the fourth inning, but otherwise deliver very respectable outings for this duel of the number five startes of both franchises. In fact, in the season so far there have been very few low scoring games that did not involve one or both of these two teams, 
Powell takes the win, allowing just one run on five hits, striking out 3 and walking four. Streeter takes the loss despite delivering a very solid eight innings, allowing three runs (two earned) on seven hits with three strikeouts and a single walk (so much for the value of the pitcher win-loss stats... but that's not really new news, I guess).


Team123456789RHE
W:W Powell
L:S Streeter

Hilldale Daisies001000000152
Kansas City Monarchs10001100x371

Hilldale Daisies
HittersABRHRBIBBSO
C Blackwell 301010
P Hill 401100
C Torriente 301010
W Wells 401001
B Mackey 300011
S Pennington 400000
C Taylor 300010
B DeMoss 410000
S Streeter 301001
J Gardner 100000
Totals3215143

E- C Taylor (1), B DeMoss (1)
2B- C Torriente (1)

CS- C Blackwell (1)

PitchersIPHRERBBSOHR
S Streeter 8.0732130

Kansas City Monarchs
HittersABRHRBIBBSO
J Benjamin 410001
A Oms 310011
J Wilson 402100
O Johnson 402100
R Cannady 412000
L Santop 400000
D Moore 401000
D Malarcher 200101
W Powell 200000
Totals3137313

E- D Moore (1)
2B- J Wilson (1), O Johnson (1)
Sac- D Malarcher (1), W Powell (1)


PitchersIPHRERBBSOHR
W Powell 9.0510430





3 Kommentare:

  1. Verwundlich ! Dice baseball boxscores on a German blog, I think I've seen everything now.

    Most unusual, Kolyusha. How did you get interested in such a thing ? For myself, I played a lot of APBA in my younger days, also an imaginary league of my own creation using simpler rules.

    Cheers,
    Steve

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi Steve, thanks for the comment. I guess I've been both a board game and statistics geek all of my life. I came across baseball when I was living in Heidelberg, have played actively for a bit more than ten years at the lowest amateur level in Germany and am scoring games for my team since then, so Stratomatic naturally brings together all of these interests. How did you stumble across the remote corner of the Interwebs that is my blog?
    Best regards from Germany, Klaus

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hi Klaus,

    You know, I don't recall exactly how I found your blog but I think it wast from the baseball. And as you're now following mine, it's natural to check in now. And a fine eclectic blog you have, I look forward to exploring further.

    Most interesting about baseball in Germany, I had no idea anyone at all was playing. Even in the US the sport is losing popularity, especially with younger people. It's a wonderful game but the pace seems too slow for modern tastes. I do think MLB could do a lot to speed things up, any box score from the early 20th century shows most games completed in under 2 hours, so it could be done by taking some measures such as limiting the excessive pitching changes.

    Best regards,
    Steve

    AntwortenLöschen