Sonntag, 7. Mai 2023

Workbench May 2023

One new thing is on my workbench: as a joint project with my godson we have started a Blood Bowl dwarves team. I think we came up with a nice color scheme of blue uniforms and brass armor.


Regarding my flats, I avoid getting bored by mixing parts of units. That keeps things interesting but also means I often have many incompletely painted units waiting for their missing comrades.
Painted, gloss-coated and ready for basing: Hessen-Darmstadt infantry (top) and Austrian Esterhazy hussars (bottom)

Primed and ready for painting: more Russians and some Austrian cuirassiers 

To my pleasant surprise both of the painted sets of minis were the second half of their respective units, so I could actually put the units together.
Well, nearly ready - except I was one painted infantry base short of getting the Hessen-Darmstadt guard infantry ready to go... 

So here are the results.
Austrian Esterhazy hussars, selected because some Hungarian reenactors have standarts online that are from a later time but at least believable for this unit 

Hessen-Darmstadt infantry batallion

For this picture showing a company flag in front of the colonel's flag. The last rank (still without a base) is not shown yet.


2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi. I have just come across your blog and like your Zinnfiguren. I have just restarted my own Zinnfiguren Project although using smaller units and one base per unit.

    I have some Fechner figures and last week bought some Schultz and secondhand Kieler figures from Berliner Zinnfiguren.

    Do you still play Piquet Cartouche?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. hey Mark, nice to hear from you! I usually spend more time reading (rules, at the moment Black Powder, and history) and painting than actually playing. But Piquet and Shako remain my favorites for classic 18th century linear battles.

    AntwortenLöschen